10 Race Day Must Haves: Race day is always early, exciting, slightly terrifying, and so much fun not much can keep me away!!! These are my MUST haves to make it easier and less stressful!
- Sunglasses. I usually do early runs so when I head out its usually dark however the sun will be making an appearance way before I am ready to head home and you all know how I feel about aging ungracefully!
- Headband! My absolute favorite are the ones I pick up at random races in the shopping sections they are usually excellent non slip and mine all say funny things.
- Fanny pack running belt whatever you want to call it. I am in no way trying to carry a bag and I will definitely need a place for keys, phone and credit card for that after race shopping!
- Compression pants. Thigh rub is a thing when you are a big girl and I see no reason to let it ruin my day. Most of mine come from Lane Bryant as I like to try them on and they typically have an excellent selection.
- Compression and or running specific socks like these. Depending on how my legs are feeling the day before I choose one or the other the night before!
- Good quality sports bra, that is high impact. Having sore shoulders, rubbing under the girls etc is to be avoided at all costs and while I don’t full out run very often as you can imagine these things are a potential problem from even the lightest jogging.
- Good running shoes! I can not stress this enough!!! Especially if you are a big girl! I wear my shoes for around 8-12 months but ONLY for my races. I wear something else for any other activity that would require sneakers. I know this can be pricey but it is super important to take care of your feet.
- I also wear my knee braces as well even if I am having a good knee day.
- Sunscreen and lip balm. Because I like to be comfortable and not sunburned!
- Last but not least is my bestie! We have been running together for years now and I cant imagine I would have stuck with it as long if she didn’t do it with me. I mean our after race taco tradition is reason enough to show up at races but she is also encouraging and always has my back!
Because I usually do early races which can mean a a 5am wake up call (not a morning person guys!) I set all of this out the night before to help speed everything up in the morning .
Do you have any not to be missed Race Day tips? If so drop them in the comments I am always eager to hear what is working for people!